- (of gasoline) containing no tetraethyllead; lead-free.
- Printing. not separated or spaced with leads, as lines of type or printed matter.
- an unleaded product, especially gasoline that contains no tetraethyllead.
- (of petrol) containing a reduced amount of tetraethyl lead, in order to reduce environmental pollution
- not covered or weighted with lead
- printing (of lines of type, etc) not spaced or separated with leads; solid
- petrol containing a reduced amount of tetraethyl lead
adj.1610s, from un- (1) “not” + leaded (see lead (n.)). In reference to gasoline, from 1965.