- of or relating to prediction: losing one’s predictive power.
- used or useful for predicting or foretelling the future: to look for predictive signs among the stars.
- being an indication of the future or of future conditions: a cold wind predictive of snow.
- of, relating to, or making predictions
- text messaging (of mobile phone technology) enabling mobile phones to predict the word being entered in a text message from the first few letterspredictive texting
adj.1650s, from Late Latin praedictivus, from praedict-, past participle stem of praedicere (see predict).