- belonging to a class that enjoys special privileges; favored: the privileged few.
- entitled to or exercising a privilege.
- restricted to a select group or individual: privileged information; a privileged position.
- Law. (of utterances or communications)
- not rendering the person making them liable to prosecution for libel or slander, in view of the attendant circumstances.
- not requiring any testimony concerning them to be presented in court.
- Navigation. (of a vessel) having the right of way.
- enjoying or granted as a privilege or privileges
- not actionable as a libel or slander
- (of a communication, document, etc) that a witness cannot be compelled to divulge
- nautical (of a vessel) having the right of way
adj.late 14c. of things; mid-15c. of persons, past participle adjective from privilege (v.).