- associated; connected.
- allied by nature, origin, kinship, marriage, etc.
- Music. (of tones) belonging to a melodic or harmonic series, so as to be susceptible of close connection.
- not connected or associatedan unrelated incident
- not connected by kinship or marriage
- connected; associated
- connected by kinship or marriage
- (in diatonic music) denoting or relating to a key that has notes in common with another key or keys
adj.1660s, “not akin,” from un- (1) “not” + past participle of relate. Meaning “not in any relationship” is attested from 1660s; that of “not told” is from 1764. adj.“connected by blood or marriage,” 1702, past participle adjective from relate (v.). Related: Relatedness.