- capable of reversing or of being reversed.
- capable of reestablishing the original condition after a change by the reverse of the change.
- (of a fabric) woven or printed so that either side may be exposed.
- that can be worn with either side out: a reversible jacket.
- a garment, especially a coat, that can be worn with either side exposed.
- capable of being reverseda reversible decision
- capable of returning to an original condition
- chem physics capable of assuming or producing either of two possible states and changing from one to the othera reversible reaction
- thermodynamics (of a change, process, etc) occurring through a number of intermediate states that are all in thermodynamic equilibrium
- (of a fabric or garment) woven, printed, or finished so that either side may be used as the outer side
- a reversible garment, esp a coat
adj.1640s, from reverse (v.) + -ible. As a noun, of garments, from 1863. Related: Reversable (1580s).