- not savory; tasteless or insipid: an unsavory meal.
- unpleasant in taste or smell; distasteful.
- unappealing or disagreeable, as a pursuit: Poor teachers can make education unsavory.
- socially or morally objectionable or offensive: an unsavory past; an unsavory person.
- objectionable or distastefulan unsavoury character
- disagreeable in odour or taste
adj.early 13c., “tasteless, insipid,” from un- (1) “not” + savory (adj.). Meaning “unpleasant or disagreeable to the taste” is attested from late 14c.; of persons, from c.1400.