- (of things) not seasoned; not matured, dried, etc., by due seasoning: unseasoned wood.
- (of persons) not inured to a climate, work, etc.; inexperienced: an unseasoned crew.
- (of food) not flavored with seasoning: a tasteless, unseasoned meal.
- (of persons) not sufficiently experiencedunseasoned troops
- not matured or seasonedunseasoned timber
- (of food) not flavoured with seasoning
adj.1580s, “not made palatable by seasoning,” from un- (1) “not” + past participle of season (v.). Meaning “not habituated by experience” is recorded from c.1600.