- not settled; not fixed or stable; without established order; unorganized; disorganized: an unsettled social order; still unsettled in their new home.
- continuously moving or changing; not situated in one place: an unsettled life.
- wavering or uncertain, as in opinions or behavior; unstable; erratic: an unsettled state of mind.
- not populated or settled, as a region: an unsettled wilderness.
- undetermined, as a point at issue; undecided; doubtful: After many years the matter was still unsettled.
- not adjusted, closed, or disposed of, as an account, estate, or law case.
- liable to change; inconstant; variable: unsettled weather.
- lacking order or stabilityan unsettled era
- unpredictable; uncertainan unsettled climate
- constantly changing or moving from place to placean unsettled life
- (of controversy, etc) not brought to an agreed conclusion
- (of debts, law cases, etc) not disposed of
- (of regions, etc) devoid of settlers