- of or like a spectacle; marked by or given to an impressive, large-scale display.
- dramatically daring or thrilling: a spectacular dive from a cliff.
- a single television production featuring well-known performers and characterized by elaborate sets, costumes, staging, etc.Compare special(def 14).
- an impressive, large-scale display: another Hollywood spectacular.
- not of or resembling a spectacle; unimpressivea steady if unspectacular performance
- of or resembling a spectacle; impressive, grand, or dramatic
- unusually marked or greata spectacular increase in spending
- a lavishly produced performance
adj.1680s, from Latin spectaculum (see spectacle). As a noun, first attested 1890. Related: Spectacularly.