- fixed in direction; steadily directed: a steadfast gaze.
- firm in purpose, resolution, faith, attachment, etc., as a person: a steadfast friend.
- unwavering, as resolution, faith, adherence, etc.
- firmly established, as an institution or a state of affairs.
- firmly fixed in place or position.
- (esp of a person’s gaze) fixed in intensity or direction; steady
- unwavering or determined in purpose, loyalty, etcsteadfast resolve
adj.Old English stedefæst “secure in position,” from stede (see stead) + fæst (see fast (adj.)); cf. Middle Low German stedevast, Old Norse staðfastr. Related: Steadfastly, steadfastness.