verb (used with object), un·stopped, un·stop·ping.
- to remove the stopper from: to unstop a bottle.
- to free from any obstruction; open: to unstop a sewer.
- to draw out the stops of (an organ).
- not obstructed or stopped up
- phonetics denoting a speech sound for whose articulation the closure is not complete, as in the pronunciation of a vowel, fricative, or continuant
- prosody (of verse) having the sense of the line carried over into the next
- (of an organ pipe or a string on a musical instrument) not stopped
verb -stops, -stopping or -stopped (tr)
- to remove the stop or stopper from
- to free from any stoppage or obstruction; open
- to draw out the stops on (an organ)