- attractive; impressive: a scene of striking beauty.
- noticeable; conspicuous: a striking lack of enthusiasm.
- being on strike, as workers.
- capable of attacking an enemy, especially by air: striking power.
- within the extent of space through which it is possible to attack a target effectively: striking distance.
- attracting attention; fine; impressivea striking beauty
- conspicuous; noticeablea striking difference
adj.“producing a vivid impression,” 1752, from strike (v.) in the sense of “to catch the fancy of” (1590s).