- expressed in few words; concise; terse.
- characterized by conciseness or verbal brevity.
- compressed into a small area, scope, or compass.
- drawn up, as by a girdle.
- encircled, as by a girdle.
- marked by brevity and clarity; concise
- compressed into a small area
- encircled by or as if by a girdle
- drawn up tightly; closely fitting
adj.early 15c., “having one’s belt fastened tightly,” from Middle French succincte, from Latin succinctus “prepared, ready, contracted, short,” past participle of succingere “tuck up (clothes for action), gird from below,” from sub “up from under” (see sub-) + cingere “to gird” (see cinch). Sense of “brief, concise” first recorded early 15c.