- not told; not related; not revealed: untold thoughts.
- not numbered or enumerated; uncounted: She used untold sheets of paper in writing the book.
- inexpressible; incalculable: untold suffering.
- incapable of description or expressionuntold suffering
- incalculably great in number or quantityuntold thousands
- not told
adj.Old English unteald, “not counted or reckoned,” from un- (1) “not” + past participle of tell in its original numerical sense. Cf. Middle Dutch ongetellet, German ungezahlt, Old Norse utaliðr. Meaning “not related or recounted” is recorded from late 14c.