- held completely, permanently, and inalienably: vested rights.
- protected or established by law, commitment, tradition, ownership, etc.: vested contributions to a fund.
- clothed or robed, especially in ecclesiastical vestments: a vested priest.
- having a vest; sold with a vest: a vested suit.
- property law having a present right to the immediate or future possession and enjoyment of propertyCompare contingent
adj.“established, secured, settled,” 1766, past participle adjective from vest (v.).