adjective, wealth·i·er, wealth·i·est.
- having great wealth; rich; affluent: a wealthy person; a wealthy nation.
- characterized by, pertaining to, or suggestive of wealth: a wealthy appearance.
- rich in character, quality, or amount; abundant or ample: a novel that is wealthy in its psychological insights.
adjective wealthier or wealthiest
- possessing wealth; affluent; rich
- of, characterized by, or relating to wealth
- aboundingwealthy in friends
adj.late 14c., from wealth + -y (2). Meaning “wealthy persons collectively” is from late 14c.