- (of persons, buildings, etc.) keeping up with the times, as in outlook, information, ideas, appearance, or style.
- in accordance with the latest or newest ideas, standards, techniques, styles, etc.; modern.
- extending to the present time; current; including the latest information or facts: an up-to-date report.
- modern, current, or fashionablean up-to-date magazine
- (predicative)the magazine is up to date
adj.1868, “right to the present time,” from phrase up to date, probably originally from bookkeeping. Meaning “having the latest facts” is recorded from 1889; that of “having current styles and tastes” is from 1891.