- Henry,1622–95, English poet and mystic.
- Sarah (Lois),1924–90, U.S. jazz singer.
- a town in SW Ontario, in S Canada, near Toronto.
- a male given name: from a Welsh word meaning “small.”
- Henry. 1622–95, Welsh mystic poet, best known for his Silex Scintillans (1650; 1655)
- Dame Janet (Maria). 1899–1993, British physician and university official: helped set up Britain’s first National Blood Transfusion Service (1939): after World War II, became Britain’s expert on the effects of radiation on humans; Principal of Somerville College, Oxford (1945–67)
- Sarah (Lois). 1924–90, US jazz vocalist and pianist, noted esp for her skill in vocal improvisation
from Welsh fychan, mutation of bychan “small.”