- a small vein.
- one of the branches of a vein in the wing of an insect.
- a less common spelling of venule
- anatomy any of the small branches of a vein that receives oxygen-depleted blood from the capillaries and returns it to the heart via the venous system
- any of the branches of a vein in an insect’s wing
1850, from Latin venula, diminutive of vena “vein” (see vein).
- A small vein, especially one joining capillaries to larger veins.capillary vein
- Any of the smaller veins that connect the capillaries to larger veins.