- calfskin, lambskin, kidskin, etc., treated for use as a writing surface.
- a manuscript or the like on vellum.
- a texture of paper or cloth resembling vellum.
- made of or resembling vellum.
- bound in vellum.
- a fine parchment prepared from the skin of a calf, kid, or lamb
- a work printed or written on vellum
- a creamy coloured heavy paper resembling vellum
- made of or resembling vellum
- (of a book) bound in vellum
early 15c., from Old French velin “parchment made from calfskin,” from vel, veel “calf” (see veal).