- arising from, connected with, or transmitted through sexual intercourse, as an infection.
- pertaining to conditions so arising.
- infected with or suffering from a sexually transmitted disease: a venereal patient.
- adapted to the cure of such disease: a venereal remedy.
- of or relating to sexual desire or intercourse.
- serving or tending to excite sexual desire; aphrodisiac.
- of, relating to, or infected with venereal disease
- (of a disease) transmitted by sexual intercourse
- of, relating to, or involving the genitals
- of or relating to sexual intercourse or erotic desire; aphrodisiac
early 15c., “of or pertaining to sexual desire or intercourse,” from Latin venereus, from venus (genitive veneris) “sexual love, sexual desire” (see Venus). Used of sexually transmitted diseases from 1650s.
- Transmitted by sexual intercourse.
- Of or relating to a sexually transmitted disease.
- Of or relating to sexual intercourse.
- Of or relating to the genitals.