- an acid liquor made from the sour juice of crab apples, unripe grapes, etc., formerly much used for culinary and other purposes.
- sourness, as of temper or expression.
adjective Also ver·juiced.
- of or relating to verjuice.
- sour in temper, expression, etc.
- the acid juice of unripe grapes, apples, or crab apples, formerly much used in making sauces, etc
- (as modifier)verjuice sauce
- sourness or sharpness of temper, looks, etc
- (as modifier)a verjuice old wife
- (tr) rare to make sour; embitter