verb (used with object), ver·mic·u·lat·ed, ver·mic·u·lat·ing.
- to work or ornament with wavy lines or markings resembling the form or tracks of a worm.
adjective Also ver·mic·u·lat·ed [ver-mik-yuh-ley-tid] /vərˈmɪk yəˌleɪ tɪd/.
- worm-eaten, or appearing as if worm-eaten.
- sinuous; tortuous; intricate: vermiculate thought processes.
- physiol any wormlike movement, esp of the intestines; peristalsis
- decoration consisting of wormlike carving or marks
- the state of being worm-eaten
- (tr) to decorate with wavy or wormlike tracery or markings
adjective (vɜːˈmɪkjʊlɪt, -ˌleɪt)
- vermicular; sinuous
- worm-eaten or appearing as if worm-eaten
- (of thoughts, etc) insinuating; subtly tortuous
- Motion resembling that of a worm, especially the wavelike contractions of the intestine; peristalsis.