- everything growing on and covering the land, with the exception of trees.
- any such covering, as grass or wheat.
- clothing; garments.
- something that covers like a garment; covering.
verb (used with object), ves·tured, ves·tur·ing.
- Archaic. to clothe or cover.
- archaic a garment or something that seems like a garmenta vesture of cloud
- everything except trees that grows on the land
- a product of the land, such as grass, wheat, etc
- (tr) archaic to clothe
c.1300, from Anglo-French and Old French vesture, from Vulgar Latin *vestitura “vestments, clothing,” from Latin vestivus, past participle of vestire “to clothe” (see wear).