- a temporary resident; visitor; guest.
- a visitor to a place of religious or sight-seeing interest; pilgrim.
- a being believed to come from the spirit world: a ghostly visitant.
- something, as a mood, feeling, emotion, etc., that overtakes a person from time to time: Melancholy is an occasional visitant to all.
- a migratory bird that has come to a place temporarily.
- a supernatural being; ghost; apparition
- a visitor or guest, usually from far away
- a pilgrim or tourist
- Also called: visitor a migratory bird that is present in a particular region only at certain timesa summer visitant
- archaic paying a visit; visiting