- of or relating to the Viverridae, a family of small carnivorous mammals including the civets, genets, palm cats, etc.
- a viverrine animal.
- of, relating to, or belonging to the Viverridae, a family of small to medium-sized predatory mammals of Eurasia and Africa, including genets, civets and mongooses: order Carnivora (carnivores)
- any animal belonging to the family Viverridae
- Any of various mostly small carnivorous mammals of the family Viverridae, having long, slender bodies with short legs and bushy tails. Viverrids include the civets, mongooses, meerkats, and binturong.
- Characteristic of or resembling civets or their kin.