- forming, filling, or writing a large volume or many volumes: a voluminous edition.
- sufficient to fill a volume or volumes: a voluminous correspondence.
- of great volume, size, or extent: voluminous flow of lava.
- of ample size, extent, or fullness: voluminous petticoats.
- having many coils, convolutions, or windings.
- of great size, quantity, volume, or extent
- (of writing) consisting of or sufficient to fill volumes
- prolific in writing or speech
- obsolete winding
“forming a large mass,” 1610s, from Late Latin voluminosus, from Latin volumen (genitive voluminis) “volume” (see volume). Related: Voluminously.