verb (used with object), vouch·safed, vouch·saf·ing.
- to grant or give, as by favor, graciousness, or condescension: to vouchsafe a reply to a question.
- to allow or permit, as by favor or graciousness: They vouchsafed his return to his own country.
verb (used without object), vouch·safed, vouch·saf·ing.
- to condescend; deign.
- to give or grant or condescend to give or grantshe vouchsafed no reply; he vouchsafed me no encouragement
- (may take a clause as object or an infinitive) to agree, promise, or permit, often graciously or condescendinglyhe vouchsafed to come yesterday
- to warrant as being safe
- to bestow as a favour (upon)