- a slender stick or rod, especially one used by a magician, conjurer, or diviner.
- a rod or staff carried as an emblem of one’s office or authority.
- a slender shoot, stem, or branch of a shrub or tree.
- a small applicator for cosmetics, usually having a brush at the tip: She applied the mascara with a wand.
- U.S. Archery. a slat 6 feet (183 cm) by 2 inches (5 cm) placed at a distance of 100 yards (91 meters) for men and 60 yards (55 meters) for women, and used as a target.
- Also called wand reader. an electronic device, in the form of a handheld rod, that can optically read coded data, as on a merchandise label or tag or the page of a book.