- the act of a person or thing that washes; ablution.
- clothes, linens, etc., washed or to be washed, especially those washed at one time; wash.
- Often washings. any liquid that has been used to wash something.
- matter removed or carried off in washing something or by the force of water: The washings from numerous spring floods had clogged the mouth of the river.
- material, as gold dust, obtained by washing earth, gravel, etc.
- the deposits so washed.
- Metalworking. wash(def 45).
- the act of making a wash sale.