- a strong, woven material of hemp, cotton, or jute, in bands of various widths, used for belts, carrying straps, harness, etc.
- such woven bands nailed on furniture under springs or upholstery, for support.
- Zoology. the membrane forming a web or webs.
- something resembling this, as the leather thongs or piece connecting the sections for the thumb and forefinger in a baseball glove or mitt.
- any material or part formed from interlaced threads, thongs, branches, etc., or having a latticelike appearance, as the face of a tennis racket.
- webbings, Chiefly Eastern New England Older Use. the reins or lines for controlling a horse or team of horses.