- lying toward or situated in the west: our company’s western office.
- directed or proceeding toward the west: a western migration.
- coming or originating from the west, as a wind.
- (often initial capital letter) of, pertaining to, living in, or characteristic of the West, especially the western U.S.: a Western ranch.
- (usually initial capital letter) Occidental: to adopt Western dress.
- (usually initial capital letter) of or relating to the non-Communist countries of Europe and the Americas: Western trade agreements.
- (initial capital letter) of or relating to the Western Church.