adjective, wis·er, wis·est.
- having the power of discerning and judging properly as to what is true or right; possessing discernment, judgment, or discretion.
- characterized by or showing such power; judicious or prudent: a wise decision.
- possessed of or characterized by scholarly knowledge or learning; learned; erudite: wise in the law.
- having knowledge or information as to facts, circumstances, etc.: We are wiser for their explanations.
- Slang. informed; in the know: You’re wise, so why not give us the low-down?
- Archaic. having knowledge of magic or witchcraft.