- an animal in its second year.
- a horse one year old, dating from January 1 of the year after the year of foaling.
- being a year old.
- of a year’s duration or standing: a yearling bride.
- the young of any of various animals, including the antelope and buffalo, between one and two years of age
- a thoroughbred racehorse counted for racing purposes as being one year old until the second Jan 1 following its birth
- a bond that is intended to mature after one year
- (as modifier)yearling bonds
- being a year old
n.mid-15c., from year + -ling.