- a Minor Prophet of the 6th century b.c.
- a book of the Bible bearing his name. Abbreviation: Zech, Zc
- Old Testament
- a Hebrew prophet of the late 6th century bc
- the book containing his oracles, which are chiefly concerned with the renewal of Israel after the exile as a national, religious, and messianic community with the restored Temple and rebuilt Jerusalem as its centreDouay spelling: Zacharias
- a variant spelling of ZachariahSee Zacharias
masc. proper name, Biblical 11th of the Twelve Prophets; see Zachariah.